It’s been awhile since Coldplay visited Toronto, and the legions of fans reciprocated with two packed shows at Rogers Centre.
All attendees were given a wristband, a precursor to a truly immersive concert experience.
Plenty of colorful balloons, wristband lights and confetti draped the Rogers Centre throughout the night, ensuring all in attendance to experience one of the most interactive shows imaginable.
Many (sarcastic) props to the ‘bro’ who yelled out in the Men’s washroom and beer line up proclaiming “my girlfriend made me come here — Coldplay Sucks”, vehemently justifying his stance that the Beyonce show was a better concert experience. Many in line just rolled their eyes up with dread and embarrassment for the lip-syncing “Bae Lover” (Editor’s note: Bae = Poop in Danish).
- Intro: O mio babbino caro (Maria Callas song)
- A Head Full of Dreams (extended intro with Charlie Chaplin speech)
- Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall
- The Scientist
- God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (with “Oceans” excerpt in intro)
- Paradise (with Tiësto Remix outro)
- Always in My Head
- Everglow (single version)
- Clocks (with “Army of One” excerpt in intro)
- Midnight (partial)
- Charlie Brown
- Hymn for the Weekend
- Fix You (with “Midnight” excerpt in intro)
- Viva la Vida
- Adventure of a Lifetime
- Kaleidoscope (extended)
- In My Place (acoustic)
- Don’t Panic (acoustic; Will on lead vocals)
- Green Eyes (acoustic)
- Amazing Day
- Something Just Like This (The Chainsmokers & Coldplay cover)
- A Sky Full of Stars (with two kids from the audience on stage)